A few of my faves right now ...
1) I know, right? How freaking fly is this purse?! I found it on Amazon (affiliate) and even though I took a gamble by buying it without actually seeing it in person, I absolutely love it! It's called the Trisha Utilitarian Hobo Slouchy Shoulder Bag by Laurel & Sunset ... and I got it for $39.95. #Score! It's about 11-inches in height (soooo love my hobo bags!), comes in black and brown, and is faux leather. It's also got four pockets on the outside, three pockets on the inside, and zips closed at the top. So in love. Find it here.
2) I started a new job this year where I teach in a 3rd grade classroom and I'm loving it. I used to teach kindergarten, but quit when I had my son eighteen years ago ... it just felt like it was time to get out of the house and back into the school system again. One of the things I'm loving? These "handmade with love" pictures I get from my students (my teenage kids stopped making things for me years ago and I didn't realize how much I miss them until I started getting them from my students). Here's an example of one I got last week from a little girl in my class ... it's a picture of me. And, even though I look like I'm wearing one of those packaged (ahem) adult Halloween costumes (come on ... you know the ones I'm talking about: "Slutty Little Red Riding Hood", "Slutty Witch", "Slutty Teacher") I'm still hanging it with pride on my fridge at home.
3) Even though I wrote a whole blog post on the Prisma App earlier this week (read it here if you missed it) I'm still adding it to this list because I love it just that much. If you haven't heard of it, Prisma is an app that transforms your photos into works of art using the styles of famous artists (Van Gogh, Picasso, Levitan), as well as world famous ornaments and patterns. It's totally addicting ... and free. Find it here.
4) If you follow me on Instagram (@NaughtyYogaGirl) then you know that I'm not a religious person ... I live, instead, with the goal of trying to be the best person I can be while here on Earth. I take things that resonate with me from different religions and philosophers and make it mine. One religion that I seem to continue to borrow from is Buddhism ... I totally dig their philosophy of life in which compassion and respect for all people's worth lead to growth and joy. I found this book, Buddhism Day by Day, Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda, on Amazon (affiliate). I just got it yesterday and am totally obsessed with it. It's set up as a daily inspirational guide (for Buddhists AND non-Buddhists) filled with advice and wisdom for every day of the year. I see this as a book I'm going to set next to my bed and reach for when my alarm goes off every morning ... I can read the short motivational quote before even getting out of bed and start my day focused and with an open heart. Find the book here.
5) Ok, seriously. See the leggings I'm wearing that look like black leather pants? So freaking sexy, right? I'm obsessed with them! Jala Clothing sent them to me to wear during a yoga challenge I hosted on Instagram earlier this month because they were one of our generous sponsors. I fell instantly in love with them ... so comfortable! The best part? You can use the code "NAUGHTY25" to get 25% off anything on their site! Sweet, right? P/S The leggings I'm wearing are the Shine Leggings in black gloss.
Click here to see all of my "Five Things I've Loving Right Now" posts in one place.
Did you catch these posts?